By the time you’re done reading this Breville BOV800XL Toaster Oven Review, you will see exactly why we consider it to be the best convection toaster oven on the market today!
Since the advent of the electric convection toaster oven, people have been forgoing the use of their traditional oven when cooking smaller quantities of food.
This particular toaster oven takes it a step further. It’s proprietary “Element IQ” technology makes this a smart oven. This technology allows you to choose exactly how heat is distributed in the toaster oven. Furthermore, it will remember your settings for future use.
The BOV800XL comes with a 1 year warranty directly from Breville.
Now let’s have a look at the specs to see exactly why so many people love this unit.
- This convection toaster oven is very powerful; utilizing 1800 watts with 5 quartz heating elements.
- As stated before, it is considered a smart oven because of its ability to distribute heat exactly where needed. This results in perfectly cooked food since the heat intensity and heat location is catered to the type of food being cooked.
- The user simply selects the desired food from the menu and the unit will automatically adjust heat distribution among the heating elements located throughout the toaster oven.
- There are 9 different menu cooking options to select from. In the event that the user alters any of the settings, it will remember for future cooking sessions. Once the unit is unplugged the unit will return to the default settings.
- Most convection toaster ovens are only capable of enabling or disabling heating elements within the unit. This Breville toaster oven is unique in that it can actually alter the amount of heat that each individual element produces. As a result, food is cooked both efficiently and consistently.
- Not only does this toaster oven have wonderful performance, it looks beautiful on your counter-top. The exterior of the unit is constructed of stainless steel while the spacious interior is coated in a non-stick material. It can tolerate extremely high temperatures and is a breeze to clean.
- One of our favorite features is the fact that it has a crumb tray that’s accessible from the front of the unit. This is unlike other toaster ovens we’ve reviewed where the unit must be moved to access the crumb tray from the rear. This makes it considerably easier to clean and adds a great deal of convenience.
- The automatic ejecting rack also makes life easy. Once the oven door is opened, the rack will automatically slide halfway out of the unit. This limits the risk of users burning themselves since they do not have to reach all the way inside the unit to retrieve their food.
- This toaster is a bit larger than other toaster ovens. It can accommodate up to a 13 inch pizza or 6 slices of toast simultaneously.
- It measures 18.5″ wide by 11″ high by 15.75″ deep and weighs 22lbs. The interior space is just shy of 1 cubic foot.
- Also included with the purchase of this unit is a baking pan, broiling rack, and a pizza pan.
The product demonstration below will show you exactly what this unit is capable of:
What People are Saying
86% of reviewers have given this item between 4 and 5 stars on Amazon. This very high percentage is evidence of the overwhelming level of customer satisfaction.
People state that this toaster oven is a must-have kitchen appliance!
They love how well this unit cooks their food. Reviewers state that it is a smaller version of a full-size convection range oven.
People find themselves using this unit more than their standard ovens because it cooks food quicker and costs less to operate.
They absolutely love the automatic ejecting tray since the food comes to them, not vice-versa.
Lastly, they love this unit’s beautiful appearance. They state that it stands out in their kitchen among their other appliances. Furthermore, they appreciate that the surface does not show any fingerprint marks.
We endorse this convection toaster oven 100%.
Breville has done an amazing job at producing a beautifully designed oven that is capable of perfectly cooked food.
It is extremely difficult to find any fault with this unit and the countless positive reviews are a testament to this.
This smart toaster oven has so many unique and useful features that we find it difficult to consider any others.
We honestly believe that this unit is the best convection toaster oven available for consumer purchase.
If you’re in the market for a new toaster oven, look no further than this one. It is an invaluable kitchen appliance that you’ll enjoy for many years to come!
Click Here to Check Price on Amazon
We hope you enjoyed our Breville BOV800XL Toaster Oven Review. Please feel free to share or leave comments below!
Oh I need the Breville-bov 800xi in my life, can’t believe that it has 9 different cooking options, wow that’s really good!
I’m impressed that you get a Pizza and baking pan, boiling rack all included to.
The Breville-bov would be ideal for someone starting out on their own or student may be 🙂
We agree, this toaster oven is a tremendous value. It is extremely versatile and can handle a myriad of cooking tasks!
The Breville BOV800XL seems like it has received amazing reviews. That’s important to me when making a buying decision so thank you for the statistic!
This looks like the toaster oven for me! Thank you for the thorough review. I always enjoy coming to your site! You make things so easy to understand.
Thank you very much for the kind words! Our aim is to help our viewers really understand the product before they make their purchase.
Best of luck with your new toaster oven! Enjoy!
Just the appearance of the Breville bov800xl convection toaster oven looks great. I can see from the picture the front loading tray you mentioned which is a great feature.
We had a different brand on our sailboat, and it had the hassle of the rear access as you mentioned so just that feature alone is a big bonus.
The control of the elements also makes better use to cook better than the other brands, so I believe this is a toaster oven well worth checking out.
Thanks for the update.
You’re absolutely right about the crumb tray being accessed from the front. It is one of many convenient features on this unit.
Best of luck!