Our Cuisinart Pressure Cooker Review (CPC-600) will tell you everything you need to know about this amazing product.
This is one of the most popular units ever sold. It has been around for over 8 years now and still manages to lead the pressure cooker sector.
Pressure cookers are one of the quickest and most efficient forms of cooking. They work by trapping steam inside a tightly sealed unit which allows it to reach extremely high temperatures. This translates to drastically reduced cooking times.
Another benefit of pressure cookers is their ability to provide food that contains more nutrients than those cooked by other means. The nutrients aren’t burned off like with conventional cooking, instead they are maintained inside the food. This makes for a much healthier meal!
Cuisinart’s excellent design and execution has allowed this unit to stay on top for quite some time and it shows no sign of letting up anytime soon.
Included with purchase is a 3 year limited warranty from Cuisinart.
If you want a great pressure cooker this one should certainly be at the top of your list.
- For starters, the CPC-600 has a 6qt capacity. This is fairly large for a pressure cooker and gives the user a lot of flexibility as to what they can cook inside it.
- Cuisinart states that this particular unit speeds up the cooking process by 70%. This is a very bold claim but it has been supported by numerous users who state that this pressure cooker significantly reduces cooking times.
- Working this unit is simple with its easy-to-use buttons and corresponding digital screen. There are 6 settings to choose from: high pressure cooking, low pressure cooking, browning, simmering, sauteing, and warming. It also includes a 99 minute countdown function.
- The integrated thermostat ensures accurate temperatures within the unit so the food will never be over or under cooked.
- Also integrated into the unit is a locking pressure safety system. This feature will only allow pressure to build if the unit’s lid is locked in place. Likewise, the lid cannot be removed until the pressure is fully released from the unit.
- The handles on the side of the unit are cool to the touch so the user never has to worry about burning their hands.
- Cleaning is a breeze with the CPC-600 as the inside of the unit contains a non-stick coating. Also included with the unit is a trivet which is safe for dishwasher cleaning.
- This unit measures 12.20″ wide by 13.19″ high by 12.20″ deep and weighs 12.57lbs.
See the video below for a demonstration of this pressure cooker:
What People are Saying
80% of people who have reviewed this item on Amazon place it between 4 and 5 stars. This number should say a lot about the quality of the unit and its customer satisfaction rate.
The first thing that’s evident is these reviews is how simple it is to use. Many people note that this is their first experience with a pressure cooker and that it was a lot easier than they had imagined. Some were intimidated by the idea of using high amounts of pressure to cook but these concerns were quickly alleviated once they started using the unit. Now people don’t know how they ever cooked without it.
Another benefit people cite is the quality of the food it produces. People state that the food that comes out of this thing is much more tasty and savory compared to cooking the same food with other means. It provides a rich taste that cannot be replicated with other forms of cooking.
There are also several long-term reviews on here from people who have had the unit in their kitchen for years without a hitch. These people state that this pressure cooker has been an absolute work-horse for their families and saves them lots of time. This is ideal for people who don’t have the time to cook meals due to busy work schedules.
As with any product, there will always be some negative reviews. There are a few isolated instances of this unit failing to build pressure.
Overall, the reviews are extremely favorable. The poor reviews should be taken with a grain of salt because they comprise such a small portion of the overall reviews.
Appliance Savvy endorses this pressure cooker 110%. This is truly a fantastic unit!
With such a long track record and high rate of customer satisfaction, this product is a no-brainer for us.
Cuisinart produces some of the best kitchen appliances and this one is no exception. They have really outdone themselves with this one; producing a pressure cooker that is still going strong almost a decade later.
This unit has far exceeded our expectations with its ability to cook food quickly, safely, and nutritiously.
We can’t say enough good things about this Cuisinart Electric Pressure Cooker (CPC-600). It should be a permanent fixture in every kitchen!
We hope you enjoyed our Cuisinart Pressure Cooker Review. Please feel free to share or leave comments below!