Our iRobot Roomba 650 Review will demonstrate why this is a top rated robot vacuum.
This particular model is one of the less expensive options from iRobot. It was one of their first robotic vacuums and still holds up to the competition today.
Although it doesn’t have some of the fancy bells and whistles of iRobot’s newer models, it still does a phenomenal job at cleaning virtually every type of floor surface.
iRobot has been a pioneer in the robotic vacuum market and continues to provide innovative features with each of its new models.
The Roomba 650 comes with a 1 year warranty. It also comes with a 30 day money-back satisfaction guarantee. If the purchaser doesn’t like this automatic vacuum for any reason, iRobot will gladly take it back with no questions asked.
Let’s have a look at what this automated vacuum is capable of.
- For starters, all of the setting controls are located on the top of the unit. These buttons allow you to program the Roomba to clean your house up to 7 days a week. It is advantageous to set this for times you don’t expect to be home so that it doesn’t get in your way. This allows the Roomba to do its job more efficiently.
- If you’d prefer to start the Roomba 650 manually instead, simply press the Clean button in the middle of the unit.
- The 650 is capable of cleaning virtually any floor surface such as carpet, hardwood, tile, laminate, etc. It can also seamlessly transition between floor surfaces and automatically adjusts once it detects a new surface.
- This unit does a tremendous job at cleaning floors with its 3-stage cleaning system:
- Stage 1 – Agitating the floor surface to loosen up any dirt and debris.
- Stage 2 – Brushing the floor to lift dirt and debris off the ground.
- Stage 3 – Using high powered suction to store the dirt and debris in the collection bin.
- The integrated AeroVac technology does a wonderful job at ensuring hair doesn’t get tangled on the brush. It efficiently removes hair from the brush and stores it in the collection bin.
- In addition to these cleaning stages, the Roomba 650 also has a spinning side brush that protrudes from the unit. This brush allows the unit to access areas that it wouldn’t otherwise be able to reach such as corners and moldings.
- This robotic vacuum is equipped with an acoustic dirt detection sensor to detect areas with higher concentrations of dirt and debris. It will automatically know to spend more time in these areas as a result.
- Another major benefit of this vacuum cleaner is its slim profile. It can clean beneath furniture and other objects where conventional vacuums have a hard time accessing.
- The Roomba 650 is equipped with iRobot’s iAdapt Responsive Navigation System. This allows the unit to navigate around the objects in your living area. Built in sensors also ensure that your Roomba will never fall off stairs or ledges.
- Also included is a virtual wall infrared sensor which allows you to mark the areas that you don’t want the Roomba to venture into. This is a convenient feature, especially for rooms with excessive clutter on the ground or areas that aren’t used frequently.
- You never have to worry about charging the 650 because it will automatically return to the included docking station when it is running low on battery.
- The only thing you have to stay on top of is emptying the collection bin and cleaning/changing the filter periodically.
- The Roomba 650 measures 13.39″ in diameter by 3.62″ in height and weighs 7.9lbs.
See the video below for an informative product demonstration:
What People are Saying
91% of Amazon reviews are between 4 and 5 stars. That is quite a high rate of customer satisfaction and speaks volumes about this unit’s quality.
People love how clean this robotic vacuum is able to get their floors in their absence. They enjoy having a passive vacuum cleaning their home for them so that they don’t have to anymore.
Reviewers also appreciate that this vacuum is able to clean areas that were previously inaccessible with other vacuum cleaners.
Pet owners especially love this iRobot vacuum because it constantly surveys the floor for pet hair that would otherwise accumulate over time.
People love how silent this vacuum cleaner is during operation. It is significantly quieter than conventional vacuums.
Lastly, people love how easy it is to empty the collection bin and replace the filter. They are able to do it quickly and effortlessly.
This is one of our favorite robotic vacuums for sure. It has a well established track record with thousands of satisfied buyers.
It is significantly cheaper than the higher-tech models yet it still does an amazing job at cleaning floors.
This robotic vacuum does a stellar job at choosing where to spend its time so that the battery is used efficiently.
We love everything about this unit. It’s no surprise that it is a top rated robot vacuum.
If you’re considering the purchase of an automated robotic vacuum, look no further than the iRobot Roomba 650!
Click Here to Check Price on Amazon
We hope you enjoyed our iRobot Roomba 650 Review. Please feel free to share or leave comments below!
Hi Chef Savvy, I have just read your review of the Roomba 770 before reading the one for the 650. My friend owns the 650 and it is one of his best purchases to date. A press of the button and off the little guy goes and doesn’t stop until the flat is spotless. If only it could do the dishes as well. lol. Thanks for the review there’s plenty details that potential buyers will find useful such as the vacuum getting to inaccessible areas, cleaning the house whilst your out, returning to its docking station when in need of a charge. So clever!
That would be great if it could do dishes as well wouldn’t it! I’m sure iRobot has that on the horizon.
Thank you for providing this review of the iRobot 650 and the video in particular was very helpful. I have a dog that sheds a lot and I have thought about investing in a robot vacuum to help keep the hair cleaned up. I think your review may have convinced me to go ahead and do it!
The Roomba 650 is a great option for pet owners such as yourself. It will ensure that your house is cleaned on a daily basis so pet hair never has time to accumulate.
Some other good options include the iRobot Roomba 770 and iRobot Roomba 870 as well.
Best of luck choosing a robotic vacuum cleaner. You can’t go wrong with an iRobot unit!
I enjoyed your review on the irobot, I have seen these products online but really have never took them serious. I have always wondered how reliable these would be, what are your thoughts and research on this? I am impressed from the customer reviews , I never even knew Amazon sold these products.
Thank you very much
iRobot makes extremely reliable robotic vacuums. You won’t have to worry about reliability issues at all. Just check out some of the Amazon reviews. You’ll see tons of people raving about how reliable they are.
People love how much time this unit has freed up for them.
Best of luck with your robot vacuum endeavor!
hey thank you for reviewing the product, irobot 650. Your review is so informative and enjoyable to read. I like the way that we people won’t do the vacuum anymore and there is technology who do it. I don’t know many things about this stuff. I have a question. So is there any product you’ll recommend to me? a much cheaper one
If you’re looking for a cheaper option, have a look at the Neato XV-21 Robotic Vacuum. It costs less than the iRobot models but it also isn’t as good in my opinion. You’d be far better off investing the additional money and going for a iRobot unit.
Good luck choosing a robotic vacuum for your home!
Holy cow! I was always aware of robot vacuums but never really knew that they were this technologically advanced. I was really amazed at the degree of tech on this vacuum to detect dirt and clean. I was just wondering about navigation, does it cover all areas or does some areas on the floor get missed. Amazing product. I’m still stunned at the level of tech.
The Roomba 650 does a great job at covering the entire floor surface. It maps out the floor and targets areas with high dirt concentrations. The 650 will make several passes over every part of your floor.
The iRobot Roomba 650 is a wise choice if you’re considering buying a robotic vacuum cleaner.
Best of luck!