In our iRobot Roomba 770 Review we will demonstrate why this is such an impressive automatic vacuum robot.
The Roomba 770 is similar to the Roomba 650 in many ways but it also has several new innovative features that allow it to clean better.
These include additional sensors that allow this robotic vacuum cleaner to better recognize areas that need more attention.
This unit has everything that we’ve come to expect from the iRobot brand. It provides an extremely efficient and low maintenance cleaning experience.
iRobot has done a wonderful job with this robot vacuum and we love how capable this machine is.
The Roomba 770 comes with a 1 year warranty. Amazon also provides additional options for 2 and 3 year extended protection plans.
Now let’s get our hands into some of the product details.
- As with the Roomba 650, the control buttons are located on the top of the vacuum cleaner. These buttons allow the user to program their vacuum for automated cleaning up to 7 days a week.
- New to the Roomba 770 is an included remote control. This allows the user to control the unit remotely opposed to using the buttons on the actual unit. Not only can you access the settings from this remote, but you can actually steer the Roomba around your home. This is a pretty nifty feature since you can instruct the 770 to clean certain areas instead of it finding those areas on its own.
- This automatic vacuum cleaner is able to clean most floor surfaces. These include carpet, hardwood, tile, laminate, and other surfaces. It can transfer between floor surfaces and will automatically recalibrate once a new floor surface is detected.
- The Roomba 770 utilizes an efficient 3-stage cleaning system. This incorporates the use of an agitator, brush, and powerful suction. These three stages work in tandem to lift dirt and debris from the floor and deposit it in the unit’s collection bin.
- This robot vacuum also has a spinning brush that sticks out from beneath the vacuum. This allows it to pick reach areas such as corners that it wouldn’t be able to reach otherwise due to its circular design. It can also get beneath adjacent objects and clean near walls.
- Like the 650, this vacuum cleaner has sensors to detect where dirt is located so that it can concentrate its efforts in those particular areas. However, the 770 takes it a step further from its predecessor. It is equipped with Dirt Detect Series II Technology. This integrates an optical sensor in addition to the acoustic sensor to more accurately assess the cleanliness of your floor. The optical sensor provides a huge step up from the Roomba 650 because it is now able to actually see where dirt is located.
- iRobot made sure that this unit had a very slim profile so that it can easily fit beneath household furniture and other objects. It can access areas that are hard or impossible to reach with conventional vacuum cleaners.
- As with its predecessor, this robot vacuum is equipped with iRobot’s iAdapt Responsive Navigation System. This system tells the Roomba what objects are in your living areas so that it may navigate around them. The system also communicates to the vacuum when it’s near stairs or a ledge so that it knows when to stop.
- Included with this unit is a virtual wall infrared sensor so that you can provide boundaries for the Roomba. This ensures that the vacuum won’t enter areas that you do not wish it to.
- When the 770 is running low on battery it will automatically return to its docking station where it can recharge and continue cleaning if needed.
- The user’s only responsibility is to empty the collection bin and clean/change the filter as needed. Otherwise, it’s a completely passive device that will keep your house spotless.
- The Roomba 770 measures 13.9″ in diameter by 3.6″ in height and weighs 8.4lbs.
Below is a demonstration video of the 770 in action:
What People are Saying
84% of Amazon reviewers give this robotic vacuum a rating of 4 to 5 stars. This high rate of customer satisfaction is in line with our expectations from iRobot.
People love the passive nature of this device and how they continuously come home to spotless floors every day.
Reviewers state that this device has literally changed their lives. It has taken a mundane task and completely automated it so they don’t have to spend another unwanted minute manually cleaning their floors.
Users say the 770 does a phenomenal job and many allergy sufferers notice they are having less of a reaction in their homes.
Pet owners appreciate how this unit meticulously gathers any pet hair on the floor. They no longer have to spend countless hours picking the hair up themselves.
Overall, people are absolutely in love with the Roomba 770 and don’t know how they ever lived without it.
Appliance Savvy gives this automatic vacuum cleaner two thumbs up. We absolutely recommend this unit if you want a passive and effective way to keep your home’s floors spotless.
We love any device that automates a function that we’d rather not be doing. Clearly vacuuming is one of those functions.
iRobot has done a great job at producing another high quality robot vacuum and we couldn’t be happier with the results.
With such high ratings, this unit clearly stands out in the autonomous vacuum market.
The iRobot Roomba 770 is simply an impressive automatic vacuum robot!
We hope you enjoyed our iRobot Roomba 770 Review. Please feel free to share or leave comments below!