In our iRobot Roomba 770 Review we will demonstrate why this is such an impressive automatic vacuum robot.
The Roomba 770 is similar to the Roomba 650 in many ways but it also has several new innovative features that allow it to clean better.
These include additional sensors that allow this robotic vacuum cleaner to better recognize areas that need more attention.
This unit has everything that we’ve come to expect from the iRobot brand. It provides an extremely efficient and low maintenance cleaning experience.
iRobot has done a wonderful job with this robot vacuum and we love how capable this machine is.
The Roomba 770 comes with a 1 year warranty. Amazon also provides additional options for 2 and 3 year extended protection plans.
Now let’s get our hands into some of the product details.
- As with the Roomba 650, the control buttons are located on the top of the vacuum cleaner. These buttons allow the user to program their vacuum for automated cleaning up to 7 days a week.
- New to the Roomba 770 is an included remote control. This allows the user to control the unit remotely opposed to using the buttons on the actual unit. Not only can you access the settings from this remote, but you can actually steer the Roomba around your home. This is a pretty nifty feature since you can instruct the 770 to clean certain areas instead of it finding those areas on its own.
- This automatic vacuum cleaner is able to clean most floor surfaces. These include carpet, hardwood, tile, laminate, and other surfaces. It can transfer between floor surfaces and will automatically recalibrate once a new floor surface is detected.
- The Roomba 770 utilizes an efficient 3-stage cleaning system. This incorporates the use of an agitator, brush, and powerful suction. These three stages work in tandem to lift dirt and debris from the floor and deposit it in the unit’s collection bin.
- This robot vacuum also has a spinning brush that sticks out from beneath the vacuum. This allows it to pick reach areas such as corners that it wouldn’t be able to reach otherwise due to its circular design. It can also get beneath adjacent objects and clean near walls.
- Like the 650, this vacuum cleaner has sensors to detect where dirt is located so that it can concentrate its efforts in those particular areas. However, the 770 takes it a step further from its predecessor. It is equipped with Dirt Detect Series II Technology. This integrates an optical sensor in addition to the acoustic sensor to more accurately assess the cleanliness of your floor. The optical sensor provides a huge step up from the Roomba 650 because it is now able to actually see where dirt is located.
- iRobot made sure that this unit had a very slim profile so that it can easily fit beneath household furniture and other objects. It can access areas that are hard or impossible to reach with conventional vacuum cleaners.
- As with its predecessor, this robot vacuum is equipped with iRobot’s iAdapt Responsive Navigation System. This system tells the Roomba what objects are in your living areas so that it may navigate around them. The system also communicates to the vacuum when it’s near stairs or a ledge so that it knows when to stop.
- Included with this unit is a virtual wall infrared sensor so that you can provide boundaries for the Roomba. This ensures that the vacuum won’t enter areas that you do not wish it to.
- When the 770 is running low on battery it will automatically return to its docking station where it can recharge and continue cleaning if needed.
- The user’s only responsibility is to empty the collection bin and clean/change the filter as needed. Otherwise, it’s a completely passive device that will keep your house spotless.
- The Roomba 770 measures 13.9″ in diameter by 3.6″ in height and weighs 8.4lbs.
Below is a demonstration video of the 770 in action:
What People are Saying
84% of Amazon reviewers give this robotic vacuum a rating of 4 to 5 stars. This high rate of customer satisfaction is in line with our expectations from iRobot.
People love the passive nature of this device and how they continuously come home to spotless floors every day.
Reviewers state that this device has literally changed their lives. It has taken a mundane task and completely automated it so they don’t have to spend another unwanted minute manually cleaning their floors.
Users say the 770 does a phenomenal job and many allergy sufferers notice they are having less of a reaction in their homes.
Pet owners appreciate how this unit meticulously gathers any pet hair on the floor. They no longer have to spend countless hours picking the hair up themselves.
Overall, people are absolutely in love with the Roomba 770 and don’t know how they ever lived without it.
Appliance Savvy gives this automatic vacuum cleaner two thumbs up. We absolutely recommend this unit if you want a passive and effective way to keep your home’s floors spotless.
We love any device that automates a function that we’d rather not be doing. Clearly vacuuming is one of those functions.
iRobot has done a great job at producing another high quality robot vacuum and we couldn’t be happier with the results.
With such high ratings, this unit clearly stands out in the autonomous vacuum market.
The iRobot Roomba 770 is simply an impressive automatic vacuum robot!
Click Here to Check Price on Amazon
We hope you enjoyed our iRobot Roomba 770 Review. Please feel free to share or leave comments below!
welcomes your advertisement about the iRobot Roomba 770 review which explains the very impressed automatic vacuum robot.This so nice and i never heard of it and it made impressed, i am planning to have one for me .
I will be looking forward to you for your update of your new arrivals.
The Roomba 770 is a great vacuum robot. It virtually eliminates the need to manually vacuum.
Incredibly nifty device!
Definitely a modern way to keep our rooms clean. The bigger the rooms in your house the more likely you’re going to enjoy this passive cleaning unit. I see a huge time saver here. In my opinion, remote control might be a little bit overkill.. let’s not get too lazy guys! But then again, for example, once the unit it rolling under bed or table at the same time & you want to give it a different function, remote comes in very handy.
I’m fascinated about the docking ability to recharge the unit & the Responsive Navigation System.
Well, we know nothings perfect in this world, so I got very curious now. What kind of errors have been occurred while using iRobot? I imagine some of the earlier models fell off the stairs as well as got stuck on some of the surface areas.. especially on areas where surface changes from floor to carpet etc?
I’m convinced this little thingy has a lot of potential & I see it as inseparable part of our future homes.
Thanks for sharing! I also give it two thumbs up.
Some of the earlier models got hung up on electric cords but they seem to have most of that sorted out with the 770.
You bring up a ton of great points as to why this is such a useful device in the modern home.
Best of luck to you!
irobots, of whatever model, are a brilliant invention that just seem to be getting better and better all the time. The early models tended to be, in my opinion, a bit average, performance wise but now they have got ever so much better. How cool ultra cool is it to go to work and come back with all the vacuuming done especially good if you live in a bungalow or flat..just leave the doors open so the robot can get in and do its job..brilliant!
The iRobot Roomba 870 makes life much easier, no doubt about it. If you can afford it, you won’t be disappointed.
Although it is a bit pricey, you will be saving a lot of time.
Best of luck!
ahhhh I love it! I would definitely have an automatic vacuum robot- if only I didn’t have so many stairs in my house. My friend has the Roomba 650 and I’ve seen it in action. Its a brilliant little gadget and clever how it navigates around objects. He sets it to clean his flat whilst at work. Your article gives a good comparison of the Roomba 770 over the 650 such as the included remote control and Dirt Detect Technology. thanks for the information. If I ever buy a flat or bungalow this will be my first purchase or house warming gift request. lol
Believe it or not, the stairs are not an issue for the Roomba 770. It is able to detect stairs with its iAdapt system and automatically knows to steer clear of them.
This is certainly a great addition to your home. Best of luck!
Nice website. The youtube video is amazing, that something that small can detect where dirt is located so that it can concentrate on that place. I was searching your site to see how much these things cost, and I didn’t find it. If you can help me with that I would really appreciate it.
A link is provided at the bottom of the article to check the current price on Amazon. We don’t generally provide prices in our articles as they tend to change on a frequent basis. Please see the aforementioned link.
Good luck choosing a suitable robotic vacuum. The iRobot Roomba 770 is definitely a wise choice!