In this article we will explain all of the similarities and differences in the iRobot Roomba 770 vs 650 models.
We will also show you why you should consider upgrading your robot vacuum cleaner to a Roomba 770 if you’re a current 650 owner.
With that being said, both of these vacuums do a good job at passively cleaning the floors in your home.
Below is a listing of what makes these robotic vacuums similar and different.
Battle of the Roombas
- Both of these Roomba vacuums come with 7 day schedule programming. The user simply inputs the days and times they want the Roomba to clean and it will follow that schedule indefinitely. Furthermore, if you want to initiate an unscheduled cleaning session, the clean button on the top of the Roomba will do so.
- These robotic vacuums can handle a myriad of flooring types ranging from rugs and laminate to carpet and hardwood among others. They will also automatically readjust when transferring between different flooring types.
- iRobot’s 3-stage cleaning system is used in these robot vacuums. These stages include agitating, brushing, and suctioning dirt and debris off the floor’s surface.
- A spinning side brush protrudes from beneath these Roombas to clean areas it can’t directly pass over like corners and moldings.
- Acoustic sensors on these Roombas enable them to find dirty areas that need attention. This allows the Roombas to efficiently use their time on the areas that need it most.
- Their relatively slim height allows them to get beneath furniture and bedding.
- The iAdapt Navigation System identifies all objects within your living area. The Roombas will account for these objects and seamlessly navigate around them.
- These automatic vacuum cleaners have sensors that tell them when they are by a staircase or ledge. They will navigate away from these areas when detected so they don’t get damaged.
- Virtual wall sensors are included with these Roombas to create artificial barriers. These are used to stop them from accessing rooms you don’t want them to venture into.
- When these automatic vacuum cleaners are running low on battery, they will automatically head back to their charging stations where they will charge themselves. Upon completion, they will either remain idle til their next scheduled cleaning time or resume a cleaning session if it was’t completed prior to running out of battery.
- Unlike the Roomba 650, the 770 now includes a remote control. This remote allows the user to change the unit’s settings, initiate a cleaning session, or actually control the Roomba.
- The Roomba 770 is equipped with Dirt Detect Series II which integrates optical sensors to work in concert with the acoustic sensors found on both Roomba models. These new sensors enable it to more accurately find dirty areas that require additional vacuuming.
Below is an iRobot Roomba 650 video demonstration:
Here is an informative iRobot Roomba 770 video:
What People are Saying
You generally can’t go wrong with any iRobot product. They come very well regarded from reviewers across the web.
People state that these Roombas do a great job at cleaning their floors. They set them for when they’re not around so they can come back to clean homes every day.
The general consensus is overwhelmingly favorable for both of these robot vacuums. The people who tend to benefit the most are pet owners and those with allergies.
Most people were pretty skeptical upon purchasing these units but quickly found out that they lived up to the hype.
Those who have owned both the 650 and 770 prefer the 770 as it does a better job at vacuuming.
The new set of integrated optical sensors have enabled it to find more dirt and debris than the 650.
Overall, people really appreciate their iRobot Roomba vacuum cleaners.
You can’t go wrong with either of these automatic vacuum cleaners.
They are wonderful home automation appliances that require little effort on your behalf to keep your floors clean.
In the iRobot Roomba 770 vs 650 debate, we recommend springing for the Roomba 770 robot vacuum cleaner.
Its upgraded technology allows it to do a superior job at vacuuming. Users will certainly appreciate these features for the extra money.
At the end of the day, Appliance Savvy gives both of these robot vacuum cleaners their seal of approval!
Please feel free to share or leave comments below!