Today we will be reviewing a Kitchenaid Artisan 5 Quart Mixer (Model KSM150PSWH).
The stand mixer is a fundamental part of any serious kitchen as it allows you to prepare food from scratch.
This particular mixer however goes far beyond your conventional mixer. Not only does it have tons of power but it has the ability to add attachments with its power hub as well. This transforms the unit into a multi-purpose appliance rather than purchasing individual appliances to accomplish the same tasks.
Kitchenaid provides a 1 year hassle-free warranty with the purchase of these stand mixers.
This particular model is one of the best selling Kitchenaid mixers and for good reason!
- This stand mixer has a powerful 325 watt motor with 10 adjustable speeds for your convenience. This allows the user to finely cater the speed of the mixer to the contents of the bowl. This is one of our favorite features as we often find ourselves settling for one speed or another due to a lack of options.
- It also includes a 5 quart stainless steel bowl (Click here for a 6 quart mixer) with an ergonomic handle. Kitchenaid states that this bowl is safe for dishwasher use.
- The head on this model tilts back which allows the user to easily access the contents of the bowl or add ingredients without the mixer getting in the way. After tilting, the head simply locks back into place and operation may be resumed. This is an innovative space-saving feature. Rather than making the unit taller as with bowl-lift models, the head on this unit simply tilts back.
- As mentioned before, this mixer has the ability to attach up to 12 optional accessories using the power hub located on the front of the machine. These accessories allow you to do things such as make pasta, ice cream, or even peal an apple (here are a few of these attachments).
- To ensure proper mixing, this unit touches 59 different points inside the bowl per rotation. With this sort of coverage, the user never has to worry about “dead spots” inside the bowl. Anything you place into it will get mixed many times over.
- This stand mixer is offered in 40 different colors which makes it easy to match to your kitchen decor.
- Included with this product are 3 attachments: a flat beater, dough hook, and wire whip.
- This model measures 8.6″ wide by 14″ high by 14″ deep and weighs 24.8lbs.
Below is an informational video on this stand mixer and its capabilities:
What People are Saying
The general consensus on Amazon is that this product is a bargain. People absolutely love this thing. An astonishing 93% of the reviewers gave this Kitchenaid stand mixer between 4 and 5 stars! To date, this is the highest rating we’ve seen for any product we’ve reviewed.
People find that this machine is very well built and performs a myriad of tasks when using its power hub.
They state that the unit is very user-friendly and intuitive to use as well. The speed selection switch allows them to easily change the speed of the mixer as the consistency of the bowl’s contents changes.
People say that the unit operates flawlessly and are astonished that it continues to work for years on end.
Finally, reviewers love the color selection. Most kitchen appliances only come in black, white, and silver but this one comes in 40 different colors. People love having the freedom to choose a color that matches their kitchen!
This product has more than enough power to easily mix anything you place into the bowl. It has far exceeded our expectations which is why it is one of our favorite products! It both looks and performs beautifully!
We absolutely love the versatility this product offers with the integrated power hub. This allows the user to perform so many different functions with one machine. The user no longer has to buy a bunch of individual appliances.
Kitchenaid is a quality brand and we certainly stand by their products. When they put their name on an appliance it carries a great deal of weight with us. Apparently we’re in good company as there are tons of people raving on the internet about just how good this model is!
The KSM150PSWH is a high-quality kitchen appliance that will take up permanent residence in your kitchen.
Appliance Savvy highly recommends adding this Kitchenaid Artisan 5 Quart Mixer to your kitchen appliance arsenal!
Click Here to Check Price on Amazon
Please feel free to share or leave comments below!
the unit has a very nice style, looks strong and handy,I never owned a mixer of this kind, in in not so common.
here we use different kind of machines for mayos and creamy, but i have to be honest i would love to try this machine for make hummus.
How long the unit can go on about speed 8 mixing a rather tick creamy mix?
There’s really no time restriction on how long you can mix for. It’s designed to take a fair amount of abuse. However, if you’re looking to make large quantities over extended periods of time, you may want to consider the Kitchenaid Professional 6000 HD Mixer. It’s a very strong, industrial machine that you’d find in a bakery. Hope this helps!
Hi ! Really cool review and tons of valuable information about a product. Honestly, everything is said just wondering what about warranty for such kitchen tools? I am from Latvia, which is EU country, and as far I know no or very short and limited guaranty for such devices.
This Kitchenaid stand mixer comes with a 1 year hassle-free warranty in the event that there is any sort of issue with your machine.
Kitchenaid has a stellar reputation and we highly doubt that you’ll ever need to use the warranty. However, it is great to have this peace of mind before purchasing.
Best of luck!
Another great review. I just have to say that I like the layout of your review posts. It is very refreshing and personalized. Back to the mixer, I have read the Professional 6000 HD model review and now I just don’t know which would be a better choice.
As I only use it occasionally for special events and yearly festivities, what specifications should I be looking for? Motor power? Or perhaps the capacity? I do use it for long hours though, at least 3-4 hours at a time.
Honestly, if you have a large crowd you’re catering to or just want to do more in one shot, the capacity should be the big factor here. Both the 5qt and 6qt models are more than capable of mixing whatever you throw at them but the 6qt stand mixer will give you a better bang for the buck with its deep bowl.
Another big factor is the amount of space you have on your counter-tops. You stated that you only use it during the holiday season so I’m going to assume that it’s not out year round so this should not be an issue. However, the 6qt model is a bit larger than the 5qt as it does not have a tilt-back head on it.
Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to ask! Thanks for stopping by!