This Neato Robotics Pet & Allergy Robotic Vacuum (XV-21) is a welcomed addition to any household.
At Appliance Savvy we are fully committed to automating any function that takes time away from our daily lives. This vacuum does just that!
It will effortlessly clean your floors without any involvement on your end. You just program the unit whenever you want it to clean and that’s exactly what it will do.
Upon finishing its cleaning or running low on battery, it will return to its charging station, charge itself, and then resume cleaning where it left off.
Neato includes a 1 year warranty with the purchase of this automatic vacuum cleaner.
This is a fantastic automatic vacuum robot that will liberate you from ever having to push a vacuum around your house again!
- This unit’s method of vacuuming is radically different from other models which typically roam the floor aimlessly in hopes that it will eventually cover the entire area. The XV-21 maps the room and objects within it using a set of integrated lasers. It then follows an efficient grid-like path to ensure the entire surface is vacuumed.
- It also comes with magnetic strips which you can lay down to create an artificial perimeter. This ensures that the vacuum will not enter any areas you do not wish it to.
- The user chooses exactly when they want the vacuum to operate. You have a full 7 day schedule at your fingertips and can choose from daily or weekly scheduled cleanings. This is all done from the digital screen located on the top of the unit. All you ever have to do is dump the contents from the unit.
- As mentioned before, this unit will automatically charge itself when its cleaning is complete or when it is running low on battery. You will never have to worry about manually plugging this item in or monitoring it’s battery level.
- This unit is safe for use around pets and was specifically designed with pet owners and allergy sufferers in mind.
- This powerful autonomous vacuum does a great job at picking up any sort of debris using its specially designed bristle brush.
- It also contains a special pet and allergy filter which traps very fine particles without sacrificing suction power.
- This vacuum has been designed to work efficiently on all household floor surfaces ranging from tile to carpet.
- This unit measures 13″ wide by 4″ high by 12.5″ deep and weighs 8.6 lbs.
This is a great unbiased review and demonstration of this vacuum cleaner:
What People are Saying
Roughly 67% of reviewers give this a 4 to 5 star rating. At Appliance Savvy, we generally like to use 70% as a baseline for acceptance so this falls a bit short of that metric.
With that being said, there are plenty of people who swear by this robotic vacuum cleaner.
People love that they no longer have to take time out of their schedules to vacuum their house or pay someone to do it for them.
They are comforted by the fact that it is safe for use around their pets as well.
The negative reviews state issues with sub-par battery life and excessive noise. Reduced battery life can certainly pose an issue to potential buyers but it seems that most people haven’t experienced battery problems with their unit. In addition, we find that this vacuum actually produces less noise than conventional vacuums.
This Neato robotic vacuum cleaner is a nifty autonomous device that has the potential to free up both time and money.
Devices like this one are becoming more and more common as autonomous robots take over the household duties that people hate doing.
Although this unit falls a bit short of our 70% 4 to 5 star baseline, we advise anyone that’s interested to try it out. If it doesn’t live up to the hype in 30 days, simply send it back to Amazon. They are very good at taking back items that customers are not satisfied with.
In the end, it’s difficult to say if we would recommend buying this automatic vacuum robot. We are a bit alarmed by the cases of battery failure and the short warranty period of 1 year doesn’t do much to gain our confidence.
Either way, this Neato Robotics Pet & Allergy Robotic Vacuum (XV-21) is a pretty sweet gadget to have roaming around your house!
Click Here to Check Price on Amazon
Please feel free to share or leave comments below!
Hey there it’s Alexey. liked your review of this awesome Robotic Vacuum Cleaner review. I never thought of actually trying it out, and this post encouraged me to buy myself a one. I will look into more details with it. It’s funny and awesome little technology that saves us time and money so, why not?
Couldn’t agree more. This vacuum will save you plenty of time and money. I love how it works when you’re not home so you come home to a clean house everyday! Best of luck with your new vacuum! Let us know how it goes!
The information about the vacuum is very thorough and useful. What I think is particularly useful is the video demo on there. People with allergies can own a pet now! That includes me! I always thought it wasn’t possible but just by reading your free content, I realized it is possible. All I need now is a pet…
Including data and statistics is so reassuring and gives people great information before making a purchase. Thanks again!
We’re glad you enjoyed the review! This is a spectacular vacuum. It truly makes life easier not having to allocate time or money for vacuuming your house. We wish you the best of luck with your new pet!
Hi thanks for the review I have been looking at a number of these devices recently so it was great to see such a detailed review.
Would you happen to know how it adapts to different types of floor surfaces, e.g. if I had it moving from wooden floors or tiles onto a carpeted section can it adjust by itself?
This unit is absolutely capable of transferring onto different floor surfaces. It can transfer from tile to hardwood to carpet etc. seamlessly.
This is literally a set it and forget it type device that only requires you to empty its bin. Otherwise once you set the schedule you’re good to go!
If we can help further please don’t hesitate to ask!
This is such a cute website. It is so creatively done and really draws the reader in. I enjoyed exploring some of your content. I especially enjoyed reading the review of Neato XV-21 Pet & Allergy Robotic Vacuum. I always like to buy automated products when I can, because they save me both time and money.
You mentioned it is below the baseline of 70% being that it is at 67%, but those who did not give it five stars, did they say why they gave it a lower score? Just curious.
Of the people who gave it negative reviews, the major theme seems to be concerns with the unit being too loud for their liking during operation. However, most vacuums are loud and this is a device primarily geared for when you are not home. Hence its autonomous nature. It’s something that people normally set for when they are out or at work so that they come home to a clean house. Otherwise, it’ll probably just be getting in your way while you’re home!
The other problem is battery failure. Some people have experienced issues with the battery not recharging over time.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to ask!