The Omega VRT400HDS Vertical Masticating Juicer is a fantastic unit! Not only is it aesthetically pleasing, but it is one of the most efficient juicing products on the market today.
This unit is the successor to the popular and successful VRT350 model. It does a phenomenal job at minimizing waste which translates into more juice in your cup ?!
It’s impossible to talk about this juicer without mentioning the outstanding 15 year warranty that Omega includes. This warranty exceeds the industry average by far and says a lot about Omega’s confidence in this product!
The warranty coupled with the numerous capabilities of this machine makes quite a compelling argument for this juicer!
There are so many things that we love about this product so let’s get our hands into some of the specs!
- This particular juicer is considered a “slow masticating juice extractor.” What does this mean? Well in English it essentially means that it extracts juice by squeezing the ingredients rather than shredding them. This is done at a very slow speed of 80RPMs hence the name “low speed juicer.”
- You may be asking yourself why slower is better for juicing. It is superior to slowly squeeze juice out of the ingredients opposed to shredding because it reduces oxidation. This means that the essential nutrients are preserved and not destroyed like in a typical shredding process. Omega claims that these nutrients are preserved for up to 72 hours which is great for juicing in advance!
- This unit makes it very easy to combine multiple ingredients into a single juice. First, two included containers are placed next to the unit. One beneath the chute where the excess ingredients and pulp will exit and another beneath the tap for filling with juice.
- The ingredients are fed into the unit through its top. The juice is then slowly extracted into the unit’s bowl. Once the juice is ready, it can be released through the integrated juice tap on the bottom of the bowl (demonstrated in the video below). Juice can then be poured directly into a glass or one of the included containers.
- Also included is a strainer which fits into one of the included containers. This removes any excess pulp that may be present when releasing juice from the tap.
- Another key feature of this unit is that it takes up very little counter-top real estate compared to other juicers. Although it has a small footprint, it’s 1/5 HP motor is more than capable of extracting juice from your favorite foods with ease!
- Finally, the auto-cleaning feature of this juicer makes it ridiculously simple to clean. It keeps the unit’s screen clear which in turn increases its efficiency. Add some water and the built-in brush will automatically scrub your unit clean! Then just open the tap to release the water. This feature drastically reduces cleaning time as the unit doesn’t have to be disassembled and cleaned by hand.
- This juicer measures in at 7″ wide by 15.5″ high by 8.5″ deep and weighs 22 lbs.
The video below is a great demonstration of this unit being used:
What People are Saying
81% of the Amazon reviews are between 4 and 5 stars. This should speak volumes about peoples’ love for this Omega juicer.
People state how impressed they are with the craftsmanship of this unit and how much abuse it can take. You will see numerous reviews of people using this product on a daily basis without any issues. There is even a review with one individual using this juicer for their juicing business.
Another key benefit people seem to love is its quiet operation and incredible efficiency. People state that this juicer has reduced their juicing time by up to half compared to conventional juicers!
They also love how easy the unit is to clean and maintain. All you have to do is add a bit of water and it essentially takes care of itself. People note that it is considerably easier to clean than its predecessor, the VRT350.
If you’re looking to buy a juicer, this unit should definitely be up for consideration.
This Omega juicer can run with the best of them and clean itself while doing so.
It is efficient, compact, powerful, and user-friendly!
When the machine does have to be cleaned after use, it truly is a breeze. Just add water and it’ll take care of itself!
As mentioned before, the 15 year warranty is the icing on the cake for us. Omega wouldn’t have included such a long warranty unless they were certain that they put out a high-quality product. With a decade and a half of protection, we feel very confident about this juicer lasting a very long time.
Appliance Savvy gives this product an unequivocal two thumbs up as it is one of our favorites on the market.
This Omega VRT400HDS Vertical Masticating Juicer is virtually unbeatable when considering its versatility, customer satisfaction, and extended warranty coverage!
Please feel free to share or leave comments below!